Searching For A Job
There are several ways to look for jobs as a CBS alumnus.
- Alumni Job Board: This job board is part of the Experienced Hire Talent Portal and includes job postings from large and small companies across most industries. Both domestic and international job postings can be found here, and alumni can search for jobs through multiple filters including region, function, keyword, and application deadline. There is also an option to have job listings e-mailed to you directly. If you have never used the Alumni Job Board or Experienced Hire Talent Portal, a tutorial (PDF) and a list of Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) is available.
- MBA Direct: Columbia Business School alumni can register with MBA Direct, a career-focused portal for MBA graduates that provides information on career development, international MBA job opportunities, and post-MBA development programs. As part of the registration process, select Columbia as your business school and enter the following school-specific security code: ABS-0007.
- Global Workplace: Columbia Business School is a member of Global Workplace, an online career management platform for alumni and students of top international business schools. Job postings cover all major industry sectors, including banking and finance, consulting and pharmaceuticals, and all functions, from analysts to marketing managers, and strategy directors to CEOs.
Letting Recruiters Look for You
There are also career resources available to alumni who wish to conduct a passive job search by marketing themselves to corporate or executive recruiters.
- Experienced Hire Talent Portal: This online résumé database is made available to corporate recruiters interested in hiring Columbia Business School alumni and experienced talent.
- Blue Steps: Columbia Business School has partnered with BlueSteps to provide alumni with a direct link to over 6,000 executive recruiters.This subscription-based service allows executive recruiters to review alumni profiles for current job opportunities. Simply create a profile and recruiters from most major executive search firms will be able to review your profile for possible job opportunities.
Posting a Job
There are several ways to recruit alumni and experienced-level talent from the Columbia Business School community.
Submit job postings for experienced-level professionals at www.gsb.columbia.edu/jobpost. Designating “Experienced Hire” as the eligible candidate type in the job-post form enables you to target both alumni and EMBA students. There is no charge for this service.
Experienced Hire Talent Portal
The Experienced Hire Talent Portal is an online database that contains résumés of alumni and current EMBA students who are actively seeking job opportunities. If your organization does not already have access to the Experienced-Hire Talent Portal, you may request access here.
If you would like to plan an event designed to draw an experienced-hire audience, Alumni Career Services can advise you on strategies for organizing programs that are most appropriate based on your recruiting goals. Events may be held virtually, on the Columbia campus, at your corporate site or at another location. Opportunities to sponsor, host, or participate in industry events and career workshops are also available. If you are interested in promoting your company to Columbia Business School alumni, many sponsorship opportunities are available such as industry speaker panels, events, and career workshops. Please contact Nicole Gehrmann at email@example.com or 212-854-8821.