The International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) assists international students and scholars with the following:
- Questions about University policies and practices
- Admission and placement
- Regulatory and documentation matters
- Social and cultural activities
- Adjustment to a new academic and cultural environment
- Personal and family services and needs.
The ISSO administers immigration services for Columbia University’s international students, faculty members, researchers, and visiting scholars.
Advisory staff is available to help students and scholars obtain and maintain their immigration status. The ISSO monitors regulations affecting relevant immigration classifications and broadcasts timely alerts and updates to students (ISSOnews) and scholars (SCHOLARnews).
Detailed information on immigration procedures and benefits is available in the ISSO and on the ISSO Web site.