Conducting business in an environmentally-friendly manner is becoming more and more important to the students and administration at Columbia Business School. We would like for the focus on the environment to extend to recruiting activities as well.
The Green Business Club recommends the following simple tips to make your event greener:
- Print only handouts that include information not available on the company’s Web site
- Use 100 percent recycled paper when possible
- Order family-style food catering (this produces less waste)
- Order pitchers of water and large bottles of sodas instead of individual bottles and cans to reduce waste
- Encourage students and speakers to recycle paper, plastic, and aluminum after an event
If there are any questions about green recruiting, please contact the Career Management Center at careermanagementcenter
@gsb.columbia.edu or (212) 854-5471.