Career Management Center staff will investigate any alleged infraction of the School’s recruiting rules and evaluate each situation on a case-by-case basis. If it is determined that an infraction has occurred, any of the following corrective actions may be taken, as appropriate:
- Communication from the School to senior management of the company informing them of the guideline violation, and the company will be placed on probation.
- Restriction of the company’s access to students including but not limited to: panel/industry discussions, corporate presentations, club events and conferences, or other general recruiting activity.
- Exclusion of the company from on-campus recruiting activity.
- Notification to the Columbia Business School community.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Columbia University is an equal-opportunity employer. We are required by law to ensure that all individuals or institutions seeking the University’s assistance in recruiting new employees provide similar equal employment opportunities.
The undersigned is an equal-opportunity employer and does not illegally discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, handicap, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, or Vietnam Era or Disabled Veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected status.
Violations of recruiting policy will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Sanctions facing recruiting organizations may include, but are not limited to:
- Lodging a formal letter of complaint with senior management and senior Columbia Business School alumni informing them of the violation and placing the company on immediate probation.
- Precluding the firm from one or all of the following:
- Access to the Columbia Business School resume book
- Receiving preferential corporate presentation dates on campus
- Access to the Columbia Business School on-campus recruiting program
- Communicating the nature of the violation to the Columbia Business School community through the student-facing COIN homepage for a period of three years.
Students are also subject to a set of internal recruiting policies and sanctions.
Any questions about these policies, contact Bruce Lloyd, director of employer relations.